05 May 2010

bug: MATCH_STRING_EXEC prevents text selection

aragonjoined: 2010-04-13
posted: 5
promoted:
bookmarked: 
1subject: bug: MATCH_STRING_EXEC prevents text selection
2010-04-18
  
Hi,
I noticed a bug with the new MATCH_STRING_EXEC option.  When enabled it makes it impossible to select text with the mouse.  Not sure how to fix it.

Regards,
Aragon
calebjoined: 2007-09-22
posted: 570
promoted: 108
bookmarked: 84
2subject: bug: MATCH_STRING_EXEC prevents text selection
2010-04-19
  
It is the feature of libvte.
There is no convenient way to fix it.
Maybe you can #define MENU_MATCH_STRING_EXEC and right-click to choose "Copy" the matched string. :-)
aragonjoined: 2010-04-13
posted: 5
promoted:
bookmarked: 
3subject:
2010-04-21
  
Hey.  I believe I have the fix for this.  I've also fixed another bug I discovered.  First the other bug:
URIs with "&" in them get cut off just before the "&".  Modified the system() string to enclose the URI in single quotes and it works.  Patch attached.
For the original bug, looks like the return of menu_popup() just needs to be tweaked.  If VTE reports no matched URI on a button press, return FALSE (instead of TRUE).  You'll see this in my patch.
My patch also changes the URI click button to 2 (middle click).  This is a better idea IMHO, and it's how at least one other VTE based term does things.
Hope you like. :)
calebjoined: 2007-09-22
posted: 570
promoted: 108
bookmarked: 84
4subject:
2010-04-22
  
Ah. I see.
I misunderstood your original problem. :-P
Thank you for the patch. I will merge them.
However, I am busy recently. Next release will not be in this month.

No comments:

Post a Comment