05 May 2010

[mail archive] One question about evilvte

calebjoined: 2007-09-22
posted: 570
promoted: 108
bookmarked: 84
1subject: [mail archive] One question about evilvte
2009-12-28
  
Dear Wen-Yen Chuang,

Thanks for this excellent terminal! I will tell friends about how good it is.

One question is that I found the following line in config file:
#define MOUSE_CTRL_SATURATION  TRUE  /* Scroll left or right to adjust it  */

How do I suppose to use this feature? What do you mean by "scroll left
or right"?

I'm able to addjust saturation with hot keys but I'd like to use my
mouse to do this.

Best wishes!

*****
edited: 1
calebjoined: 2007-09-22
posted: 570
promoted: 108
bookmarked: 84
2subject:
2009-12-28
  
On 12/25/09 16:48, ***** wrote:
> > One question is that I found the following line in config file:
> > #define MOUSE_CTRL_SATURATION  TRUE  /* Scroll left or right to adjust it  */
Some mouse wheels supports scroll left/right (tilt left/right).
The feature only works on those mouses.
(You may see the attached mouse picture.)

You may also do:
#define MENU_CUSTOM "Adjust saturation"
to evoke a saturation dialog via right-click menu
(with mouse, of course). :-)

Kind regards
 Wen-Yen Chuang (caleb)
edited: 1 
calebjoined: 2007-09-22
posted: 570
promoted: 108
bookmarked: 84
3subject:
2009-12-28
  
Hi!
 
Thanks for the reply!
But isn't scrolling up and down more common? I remember when I use compiz, the saturation can be adjusted by holding the ctrl key while scrolling up and down.
 
I will have to modify the source if you don't like it. My mouse and most of them doesn't support scrolling left and right.
 
Thanks again for the terminal!
 
*****
On Sat, Dec 26, 2009 at 8:27 AM, Wen-Yen Chuang wrote:

    > On 12/25/09 16:48, ***** wrote:
    > > One question is that I found the following line in config file:
    > > #define MOUSE_CTRL_SATURATION  TRUE  /* Scroll left or right to adjust it  */
    > 
    > Some mouse wheels supports scroll left/right (tilt left/right).
    > The feature only works on those mouses.
    > (You may see the attached mouse picture.)
    > 
    > You may also do:
    > #define MENU_CUSTOM "Adjust saturation"
    > to evoke a saturation dialog via right-click menu
    > (with mouse, of course). :-)
    > 
    > Kind regards
    >  Wen-Yen Chuang (caleb)
edited: 1
calebjoined: 2007-09-22
posted: 570
promoted: 108
bookmarked: 84
4subject:
2009-12-28
  
On 12/26/09 11:42, ***** wrote:
> > But isn't scrolling up and down more common? I remember when I use
> > compiz, the saturation can be adjusted by holding the ctrl key while
> > scrolling up and down.
I will put this to my TODO list.
But I can not guarantee when will I write the function. :-P
Patches or other feature requests are very welcome.

Kind regards
 Wen-Yen Chuang (caleb)

No comments:

Post a Comment