05 May 2010

set URGENT hint on bell

guest
1subject: set URGENT hint on bell
2009-04-25
  
rxvt-unicode has an option, urgentOnBell, that sets the URGENT hint on the window, so that window managers can know the window needs attention (of course, this only happens if the window isn't currently focused). Could evilvte provide this feature? It's really useful if your WM supports it.
 Thanks!
calebjoined: 2007-09-22
posted: 570
promoted: 108
bookmarked: 84
2subject:
2009-04-25
  
Thank you!
I have put it to my TODO list.
However, I guess evilwm(the WM I use everyday) does not support URGENT hint, so I have to find some other WMs to test it.
guest
3subject:
2009-04-29
  
You could try dwm. No dependencies to speak of, and it supports the hint. Thanks!

4 comments:

  1. So, will there be WM_URGENT support in evilvte in the nearest future?

    ReplyDelete
  2. To L29Ah:
    It is still in my TODO list, but I have no schedule about it.
    I would say, it will not happen in the NEAREST future.

    Patches are very welcome. :-P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here you are: http://rain.ifmo.ru/~alirzaev/files/evilvte-urgent-bell.patch
    :3

    ReplyDelete
  4. To L29Ah:
    Ah, thank you!
    I will merge it to next release. :-)

    ReplyDelete